Hello Lovelies! My name is Emily Smith, from The Best of this Life. I'm so honored to be a guest on Amee's awesome blog today! It's always a pleasure for me to visit Amee's Savory Dish, because I just know I'm going to find a new recipe to try and love.
Fall has arrived in my corner of the world (Ottawa, Canada) and with it brings a desire for more home baking, hot soups and warm hearty dishes. One breakfast meal that becomes a cool weather staple in our home is muffins. They are quick and easy to whip up and a delight to eat fresh from the oven. When they are filled with healthy goodness, they're also a perfect way to start your day.
These Raspberry Almond Muffins are so delicious, you'd never know there was ZERO sugar in them – for real! The naturally sweet taste of almonds and raspberries combined, make this brekky favorite taste like a yummy dessert.
Gluten-Free Raspberry Almond Muffins
Makes 12 large muffins (Dairy-Free | Sugar-Free)
2 cups of almond meal
1 3/4 cups of oat flour
1/4 cup of tapioca flour
1 Tablespoon of baking powder
1 Tablespoon of coconut oil
2 teaspoons of chia seeds
2 eggs (or flax gel, which I used for this batch)
1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
3 frozen bananas, thawed and mashed
3/4 cup of frozen raspberries
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 F and line a muffin pan with twelve paper liners.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine oat flour, almond meal, tapioca flour, baking powder, cinamon, chia seeds and salt.
3. In another medium mixing bowl, whisk 2 eggs together or pour in prepared flax gel, and then add in almond milk and coconut oil.
4. Combine wet mix with dry mix, and stir well.
5. Finally, add in the frozen raspberries.
6. Divide the muffin batter into the twelve muffin cups and place in oven.
7. Bake for 28-30 minutes. Check center of muffins with a butter knife to make sure they come out clean. If need be, bake for another 5 minutes.
8. Allow to cool before serving and enjoy a hearty breakfast!